SNIS Award description
Individuals younger than 35 years and having completed their PdD in the previous year with a grade equivalent at summa cum laude check whether their thesis fits fits the criteria for the award
Authors who have published their theses in the domain of international studies, whose findings are relevant for / applicable to the work of international Organisations and whose style is accessible to a wider audience can submit their thesis to the jury
The jury awards the prize according to academic quality & rigor, policy-relevance, timeliness and writing style.
- Entrants must have received their PhD degree in a Swiss University in the previous calendar year. The relevant date is that of the presentation of the thesis or, in case the Faculty’s rules require a formal validation of the result, the date of the validation.
- Entrants must have received either «summa cum laude» or a mark equal or superior to 5.5. If the thesis was defended in a University that does not use grades, the jury reports must be included with the application.
- Entrants under 35 years at the time of the submission are preferred. Entrants do not need to be citizens or residents of Switzerland.
- The thesis question(s) must be in the field of the International Studies, as defined above.
- The thesis must be written in either German, French or English.
- Theses based on multiple and co-authored papers are accepted. Papers written with members of the SNIS Governing Committee or the SNIS Award jury are not eligible.
- Theses written as part of a SNIS funded research project are not eligible.
- Click on the “Submit your Thesis” link on the right. The form will appear in a new window.
- Fill in all the necessary sumbission fields.
- Submit the form. Please note: once you have submitted the form you can no longer edit it!
- You will then receive an email that confirms your submission.